I've always loved to cook and enjoy throwing dinner parties for my friends. it has been my extraordinary fortune to have studied with my culinary idols: Madhur Jaffrey, Anthony Bourdain and Paula Wolfert.
It was a great joy to share my love of Morocco and its cuisine with tourists from all over the world in my sunny flat in Essaouira's medina. Back in New York, I am happy to plan a hands-on cooking class for you & your friends; to sample a preview of your upcoming visit to Morocco, or to serve as a reminder of your exotic tour to the kingdom.
Book a class
We can schedule your class for mornings or late afternoons. All classes conclude with the meal you've prepared.
Cost: $85 per person. Minimum 3 persons, maximum 5 persons ~
Classes include the following:
Three salads, such as these:
- Carrots with charmoula (herb mixture)
- Cucumber, tomato, onion salad with herbs
- Green bean vinaigrette
- Tomato salad with mint
- Cauliflower zaalouk (spiced puree)
A main course:
- Chicken tagine (stew) with preserved lemons & olives
- Honeyed chicken with almonds
- Kefta (meatball) tagine
- Swiss chard & chickpea tagine (vegetarian)
- Vegetable tagine (vegetarian)
Most Moroccan households shop at the local patisserie for a variety of pastries to serve along with fruit.
- Oranges with orange flower water
- Moroccan mint tea
If you are interested in taking a fun cooking class, please hit Contact and fill out the form. I will be happy to talk to you about the menu and set a cooking date.